Please select State, Grade and subject before Search
"Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English grammar and usage when writing or speaking; demonstrate proficiency within the K-1 grammar continuum."
(4) Ask and answer questions to help determine or clarify the meaning of words and phrases in a text. (4) Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses.
(2) Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text. (8) With guidance and support, identify the reasons an author gives to support ideas in a text.
(5) Know and use various text features to locate key facts or information in a text.
(6) Distinguish between information provided by pictures or other illustrations and information provided by the words in a text. (7) Use the illustrations and details in a text to describe its key ideas
(1) Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
(3) Describe the connection between two individuals, events, ideas, or pieces of information in a text.
Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
(1) Ask and answer questions about key details in a text. (2) Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
(3) Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details. (7) Use illustrations and details in a story to describe it's characters, setting, or events. (9) Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories.
(6) Identify who is telling the story at various points in a text.
"3(a) Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words. 4(c) Know final -e and common vowel team conventions for representing long vowel sounds."
(b) Decode regularly spelled one-syllable words. (d) Use knowledge that every syllable must have a vowel sound to determine the number of syllables in a printed word. (e) Decode two-syllable words following basic patterns by breaking the words into syllables.
(f) Read words with inflectional endings.
(a) Recognize and use capitalization and ending punctuation.