Please select State, Grade and subject before Search
(6) Distinguish between information provided by pictures or other illustrations and information provided by the words in a text. (7) Use the illustrations and details in a text to describe its key ideas
(2) Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text. (8) Identify the reasons an author gives to support points in a text.
(3) Describe the connection between two individuals, events, ideas, or pieces of information in a text.
(4) Ask and answer questions to help determine or clarify the meaning of words and phrases in a text. (4) Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses.
(1) Ask and answer questions about key details in a text. (2) Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
(b) Decode regularly spelled one-syllable words. (d) Use knowledge that every syllable must have a vowel sound to determine the number of syllables in a printed word. (e) Decode two-syllable words following basic patterns by breaking the words into syllables.
Alaska schools will administer the Performance Evaluation for Alaska’s Schools (PEAKS) Assessments to measure student proficiency of Alaska Content and Performance Standards. Education Galaxy’s program provides ELA, Math and Science online assessment and practice for students in grades K-6 to help build mastery towards the Alaska State Standards. Our unique online program is easy to use and enjoyable for both teachers and students. Students work on their Study Plans practicing important concepts while teachers pull formative assessment reports to identify the strengths and weaknesses of their classroom and individual students.