Please select State, Grade and subject before Search
(a)Use sentence-level context as a clue to the meaning of a word or phrase. (b)Use frequently occurring affixes as a clue to the meaning of a word.
(6) Distinguish between information provided by pictures or other illustrations and information provided by the words in a text. (7) Use the illustrations and details in a text to describe its key ideas
(1) Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
(1) Ask and answer questions about key details in a text. (2) Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
(5) Know and use various text features (e.g., headings, tables of contents, glossaries, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text.
(3) Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details. (7) Use illustrations and details in a story to describe it's characters, setting, or events. (9) Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories.
Massachusetts has fully implemented the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks which is based on Massachusetts Curriculum Framework. Massachusetts schools will administer the Next-Gen MCAS assessments to measure student proficiency of state standards. Education Galaxy’s Next-Gen MCAS test preparation program provides online assessment and practice for students in Grades K-5 to help build mastery towards the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks. Our unique online program is easy to use and enjoyable for both teachers and students. Students work on their Study Plans practicing important concepts while teachers pull formative assessment reports to identify the strengths and weaknesses of their classroom and individual students.