Please select State, Grade and subject before Search
(1) Ask and answer questions about key details in a text. (2) Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
Identify who is telling the story at various points in a text.
(5) Know and use various text features (e.g., headings, tables of contents, glossaries, electronic menus, icons) to locate key facts or information in a text.
(6) Distinguish between information provided by pictures or other illustrations and information provided by the words in a text. (7) Use the illustrations and details in a text to describe its key ideas
(1) Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
(3) Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details. (7) Use illustrations and details in a story to describe it's characters, setting, or events. (9) Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories.
Montana has adopted the Montana Common Core Standards. Montana schools will administer the Smarter Balanced Assessments to measure student proficiency of Common Core standards. Education Galaxy’s Common Core and Smarter Balanced Assessments preparation program provides online assessment and practice for students in Grades K-5 to help build mastery towards the Common Core State Standards. Our unique online program is easy to use and enjoyable for both teachers and students. Students work on their Study Plans practicing important concepts while teachers pull formative assessment reports to identify the strengths and weaknesses of their classroom and individual students.